According to the units facebook page, the 1th squadron (1re escadrille) will have its centennial – a centennial is a 100th anniversary or otherwise relates to a century, a period of 100 year – in 2017.
The unit is part of the Belgium Air Component (Belgische Luchtmacht/Force Aérienne Belge) and is located at Florennes AFB. The centennial will be in june, in the frame of the Tactical Weapon Meet. No info at the moment, it is possible a spotter/open day will be held.
TACTICAL WEAPON MEET – UPDATE 2 – PLEASE SHARE!
Here are the latest updates for the TWM and for its Spotters Day:
The inscriptions for the 15th of June TWM Spotters Day are open!
• Access in Corenne gate (North of the base) from 0600L till 0900L (a map will be sent during the inscription process). End of activities around 1900L.
• Price: 35€ (32£) per person.
> By this bank account: IBAN BE69 0012 2133 4878 – BIC GEBABEBB – Please mind add the names of the people covered by the payment
> By PayPal on this address: firstname.lastname@example.org – Add the names of the people covered by the payment
• This price includes the access to the complete spotters day and a very nice 100 pages book about our Squadron’s history
• Inscriptions go through this mail address: SpottersTWM@mil.be
• At inscription, please refer the names of participants, join a scan of your ID cards and which payment mean are you using (bank account or PayPal)
• Hot food, soft drinks and PR souvenirs will be available on site (at your own expenses) – Only cash in € will be accepted
• Inscriptions and payment not later than 1st of June
More practical info is to follow very soon.